When an artist changes their name, all corresponding products by that artist should be updated accordingly and redelivered to DSPs in order to force a name change of the artist profile.
Before you begin, please note the following prerequisites:
1. If you only distribute a part of that artist’s catalog, the other distributors also have to redeliver the products in their catalog with the new artist name in order for the artist profile on DSPs to be updated. Please coordinate with them and action the name change redeliveries on the same day.
2. Similarly, if there are products on your artist’s profiles on DSPs that do not belong to the artist, ensure that they are removed from the profile before you start the name change process.
Change artist name in FUGA Next
Go to Catalog > Artists in FUGA Next and search for the relevant artist
Update the artist name by editing the Name field, the change will be saved automatically
You have now successfully updated this artist’s name and, simultaneously, all products in your catalog that feature this artist.
Tip: The Custom identifiers should stay the same, as you want to rename the existing page instead of creating a new one. Check if all the DSPs for which we support artist identifiers have the correct identifier indicated.
Everything in FUGA is now updated, but you still need to redeliver all corresponding products to DSPs.
The easiest way to action this is to trigger a bulk-action redelivery based on this artist's name.
Trigger Bulk Actions redelivery
After you change the relevant name in the Artist Catalog, you will need to redeliver all products attached to that artist.
You can do this using a Bulk Action redelivery based on the artist name:
- Go to Bulk actions
- Select Products from a specific featured artist and search the new artist name in the dropdown menu of the Artists field
- Select (Re)Deliver from the Select a bulk action drop down menu:
4. Enable the toggle Redeliver selected products
Please allow 72 hours for the new name to be displayed on DSPs.
Note: Some DSPs have strict policies regarding artist name changes. For instance, Apple Music/ iTunes specifies that if the artist name update is “significant” (from “Chris” to “Laura”, for example), they reserve the right to deny the artist name update and instead create two separate pages - one for legacy content and one for future content. Therefore renaming the existing artist profile will not always be possible.
If the artist profile has not been updated after 72 hours since the redelivery, please request a manual update with the DSP/ reach out to FUGA Support with the following information:
- Which DSP your request is about?
- What was the previous artist name, and what is the new one?
- What is the URL of the artist page that needs to be updated?
- Confirm if you distribute all products in that artist’s discography/ that are live on the artist profile