There are two primary situations which can cause a sale to show up as unaccounted:
- If the system cannot automatically link the sale to a catalog item (an asset or product),
- If the system identifies the catalog item that corresponds to the sale but cannot find a valid contract (for example, the only contract associated with the asset in the sale had an end date preceding the sale or the contract does not display a deal term).
There is a dedicated page in the report run that addresses this called, Unaccounted Sales.
The information in the green box above outlines how the system processes the sales.
- Missing info: The number of unaccounted sales due to missing sales information, for example, sales provided without an associated ISRC. This sometimes requires returning to the DSP to ask for a complete report.
- Unmatched sales: Unaccounted sales due to the system's inability to find a match in the catalog. Other factors can often be a new or missing catalog that has been distributed elsewhere, YouTube or physical releases. Adding the catalog, either manually or using the semi-automatic importer templates, can help you sort this out. When the catalog has been added, pressing the "Reprocess" button will let the system go through the sales again.
- Missing contract: The number of unaccounted sales is due to a missing contract. As mentioned above, this can occur when a contract is not linked to the catalog, or the date range on the contract does not match the date of the sale.